Welcome to Week 5 of our Master Bathroom One Room Challenge™. Happy Haute Home is joining this Spring as a Guest Participant. This event is a widely anticipated biannual event every April and October. Each round, twenty design bloggers take the challenge and transform a space. Every Wednesday, the designers document their process while sharing their sources and professional advice over the six weekly posts. This challenge is hosted by Linda at Calling it Home.
If you missed my prior weeks posts on our master bathroom renovation, you can catch up here on design plans, progress, and budget.
It has been a busy 5 weeks! The remodel of our master bathroom has been going really well with only a couple minor set backs.
Last week the bathtub was installed and looks beautiful.
This week, the vanity cabinets will get painted and the granite countertops will be installed.
The vanity cabinet painting is going well, although a bit slower than expected. The cabinets are requiring 4 coats of paint, but turning out better than I thought.
I will detail how I painted these cabinets in a future post.
Our granite countertops have arrived and are being installed!
The granite is so pretty with beautiful blues, a lot of black, green, gray and some white veining. It is called Volga Blue, and is 3cm thick. We chose double ogee edging. Here is a close up.
The installation went according to plan and the results are pictured below. The space looks so good with the white cabinets, the newly painted walls, and the charcoal flooring. I chose more contemporary rectangular sinks. We decided to make all the vanity hardware, mirrors, and vanity lighting all square/rectangular. We had 3 holes predrilled into the granite slabs to accommodate 8″ faucets.
This is a picture of my side of the bathroom.
This is my husband’s side, the painting hasn’t been finished yet.
The entire room was painted using Benjamin Moore’s “Gray Owl”. All the window trim, ceiling and floor boards are getting a fresh coat of white paint too.
Here’s a recap on where we stand 5 weeks into this major renovation. So far the following is done:
- Replaced all tiles inside the shower
- Added tiles to the outside of the shower wall
- Added a rain-head shower system
- Changed existing shower heads
- Added shower nook
- Added a stone floor to the shower
- Painted cabinets
- Added granite countertops
Water Closets (2)
- Replaced both toilets
- Added shutters to windows
Replaced all tiles on bathroom floor
Painted the entire bathroom including ceiling and trim
- Replaced vanity hardware – knobs
- Added 2 square towel bars near vanities
- Added 2 towel bar to outside of shower stall
- Replaced built-in tub with free standing tub
- Added a free standing bathtub faucet
- Added nooks to the side of the drywall surrounding the bathtub
- Added plantation shutters to window above bathtub
Still Needs to be Completed
- Install new glass doors with stainless steel rims and increased height
- Add backsplash to the counter wall
- Add framed mirrors to the space above the vanities
- Replace faucets
- Replace vanity lighting
- Add Pendant over bathtub
- Add glass tiles to nooks surrounding bathtubs
I’m feeling good about our timeline and where we stand. One week left!
Make sure to check back next week for the final reveal of our 6 week master bathroom renovation!