Whether you are hosting a large or small gathering at your home, a few key details will go a long way in taking your party to the next level.
A birthday party is all about paying tribute to the guest of honor. We want them to feel special and make their celebration a day they will always remember. We can do this a number of ways, but the best way is to personalize the party around the guest of honor. I collaborated with Basic Invite to bring you this sponsored blog post.
Five Helpful Hints for Hosting an Elegant Birthday Party
1.) Pick a Theme for the Party – You can center a theme around the guest of honors’ favorite colors and incorporate that into the setting.
Or you could center the theme around a particular time of year, for instance if the party will take place during the Fall season, set a table with vibrant Fall colors.
2.) Get Personal – Serve the guest of honor’s favorite food and beverage, and incorporate their favorite activities into the evening. Maybe they have a musical group they love? Create a personal playlist with their most loved artists. Do they have a favored dessert?
3.) Take a Walk Down Memory Lane – Many of your guests may not know one another, this is a perfect time for each of them to share a sweet story or memory of your special guest.
4.) Upgrade the Decor – Throwing a party is the perfect time to make that purchase you have been eyeing for some time. When I recently saw these beautiful dishes at a thrift store, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. The settings for 8 were reduced 50% – what a steal.
Lastly and perhaps the most impressive gesture a host can do to create an elegant affair?
5.) Mail out Invitations – At least one month prior to your event, mail personalized invitations to your guests.
In a world where communication so often is electronic, sending out a personal invitation via the post office takes your event to the next level.
The act of mailing and receiving a customized invitation creates the sense of an intimate event and makes guests feel like they are going to an exclusive affair. And who doesn’t love that? 🙂
Basic Invite offers truly customizable invitations. They have unlimited colors, custom samples, and gorgeous foil lettering. Here are the features you get when ordering a Basic Invite Invitation –
- Almost Unlimited Colors – Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers almost unlimited color options with instant previews online. Once you select a design, you can change the color of each element on the card to over 180 different color options so you can make sure the card is exactly how you want it, down to the smallest detail. This is what I think sets Basic Invite apart from almost any other online stationery company and is their biggest draw.
- Custom Samples – Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers the ability to order a printed sample of their actual invitation so they can see exactly how it will print, as well as the paper quality before they ever have to place their final order.
- Over 40 Different Colors of Envelopes – Basic Invite is just as colorful with their envelopes as with the invitations. Customers can choose from over 40 different colors when it comes to their envelopes so they can make their invitation stand out even before it is opened. All of the envelopes are peel and seal so the envelopes can be quickly and securely closed.
- Address Capturing Service – Basic Invite offers an address capturing service that allows customers to simply share a link on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other form of social media to request their friends and family’s addresses which will be stored in the customer’s account and can then be selected during the design process. Basic Invite offers recipient address printing at no cost on all Christmas card orders.
- Foil – Foil cards are available in gold, silver, and rose gold. Customers can choose flat or raised foil on all of Basic Invite’s foil designs.
I am truly impressed with the high quality of these invitations.
The lettering is so crisp, and the colors from which to choose are deep and rich.
The raised gold foil lettering is stunning and will make a big statement to your guests.
The foil lettering is available in gold, silver, and rose gold.
Lastly, incorporate the gorgeous invitations into your decor. The invitations are so pretty they deserve to be front and center on the table. Print up a menu for a dinner party or place the birthday invitations on dinner plates.
The guest of honor will notice all the details you put into planning and will be thankful you cared enough to hone in on these intimate details for the event. Creating an elegant party atmosphere isn’t difficult it just takes planning.
These invitations make a huge statement whatever your occasion – from formal party invitations to birthday invitations, you have a variety from which to choose such as flower birthday invitations.
Right now Basic Invite is offering 15% off with coupon code: 15FF51
*I partnered with Basic Invite to bring you this sponsored post, but all opinions are my own*
Follow along on Instagram stories HERE for daily updates and happenings at Happy Haute Home. Coming to the blog this month “Reveal of My Daughter’s Pink Marble Bathroom”! The “One Room Challenge” also starts in October so get subscribed so you won’t miss any details!
Please Subscribe to Happy Haute Home
For more posts about decor and home improvement, please subscribe to Happy Haute Home and follow along on Pinterest HERE, and Twitter HERE and feel free to pin and tweet your favorite pics from Happy Haute Home.
11 thoughts on “5 Helpful Hints for Hosting a Fall Inspired Elegant Birthday Party”
Great list and I love the little touch of gold you did on the tablescape!
Hi Mel, so happy you enjoyed the post. It was so much fun to put together 🙂
I can see that… the result is amazing!
You are so kind thanks again Mel 😘
Oh this table is GORGEOUS Denise – and fabulous ideas! I love the playlist and stories of the honoree, and YES paper invitations! Basic Invite sounds like a great company – I’ll definitely check them out next time! Thanks for the party inspiration! 💗
So glad you like the ideas and the invitations Barbara! Basic Invite was a pleasure to work with and their invitations are really beautiful. Definitely check them out…maybe when your sons get married 😉
It’s very elegant Denise and I like the idea of the invitations. You can find such wonderful dishes for so little at thrift shops…..I found a pretty pink floral pattern this summer and I hardly need anymore dishes, but I simply couldn’t pass it up as it went with some of the things I already own.
That’s the best right? When you can incorporate new items into existing items. I don’t need anymore dishes either Joni…storing them can be challenging. But when they are such a great deal?😬 Makes it tough! I figure I have space for one more set 😉
The set up was wonderful – loved the tip to share stories of the birthday guest – we had a party two weeks ago and forgot this —
The party was still fine/
– you get a good star for featuring the thrift store treasures! Modeling the recycling angle – with your elegance – is so important in a culture that seems to have a throw it away mindset –
So to show the modern with the new – awesome
And I think you do that with the invites too.
It was a great idea to team up with “basic invite” to share this idea for party planning –
And your reasons were good – and you are so right that with all the digital today – getting a paper invite is a small expense that can give folks a keepsake and just makes the experience better from early on.
Like recently we realized how fun it is to get invited to a small party -and the charm can start with a fun invitation….
What a thoughtful comment thank you. I agree with you about the culture, but I think it’s really changing. Instead of replacing furniture, so many are choosing to paint their pieces. It’s a great way to retain the family heirloom but modernize it too. So happy you like the post 🙂