Whether you are hosting a large or small gathering at your home, a few key details will go a long way in taking your party to the next level.
A birthday party is all about paying tribute to the guest of honor. We want them to feel special and make their celebration a day they will always remember. We can do this a number of ways, but the best way is to personalize the party around the guest of honor. I collaborated with Basic Invite to bring you this sponsored blog post.
Five Helpful Hints for Hosting an Elegant Birthday Party
1.) Pick a Theme for the Party – You can center a theme around the guest of honors’ favorite colors and incorporate that into the setting.
Or you could center the theme around a particular time of year, for instance if the party will take place during the Fall season, set a table with vibrant Fall colors.
2.) Get Personal – Serve the guest of honor’s favorite food and beverage, and incorporate their favorite activities into the evening. Maybe they have a musical group they love? Create a personal playlist with their most loved artists. Do they have a favored dessert?
3.) Take a Walk Down Memory Lane – Many of your guests may not know one another, this is a perfect time for each of them to share a sweet story or memory of your special guest.
4.) Upgrade the Decor – Throwing a party is the perfect time to make that purchase you have been eyeing for some time. When I recently saw these beautiful dishes at a thrift store, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. The settings for 8 were reduced 50% – what a steal.
Lastly and perhaps the most impressive gesture a host can do to create an elegant affair?
5.) Mail out Invitations – At least one month prior to your event, mail personalized invitations to your guests.
In a world where communication so often is electronic, sending out a personal invitation via the post office takes your event to the next level.
The act of mailing and receiving a customized invitation creates the sense of an intimate event and makes guests feel like they are going to an exclusive affair. And who doesn’t love that? 🙂
- Almost Unlimited Colors – Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers almost unlimited color options with instant previews online. Once you select a design, you can change the color of each element on the card to over 180 different color options so you can make sure the card is exactly how you want it, down to the smallest detail. This is what I think sets Basic Invite apart from almost any other online stationery company and is their biggest draw.
- Custom Samples – Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers the ability to order a printed sample of their actual invitation so they can see exactly how it will print, as well as the paper quality before they ever have to place their final order.
- Over 40 Different Colors of Envelopes – Basic Invite is just as colorful with their envelopes as with the invitations. Customers can choose from over 40 different colors when it comes to their envelopes so they can make their invitation stand out even before it is opened. All of the envelopes are peel and seal so the envelopes can be quickly and securely closed.
- Address Capturing Service – Basic Invite offers an address capturing service that allows customers to simply share a link on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other form of social media to request their friends and family’s addresses which will be stored in the customer’s account and can then be selected during the design process. Basic Invite offers recipient address printing at no cost on all Christmas card orders.
- Foil – Foil cards are available in gold, silver, and rose gold. Customers can choose flat or raised foil on all of Basic Invite’s foil designs.
I am truly impressed with the high quality of these invitations.
The lettering is so crisp, and the colors from which to choose are deep and rich.
The raised gold foil lettering is stunning and will make a big statement to your guests.
The foil lettering is available in gold, silver, and rose gold.
Lastly, incorporate the gorgeous invitations into your decor. The invitations are so pretty they deserve to be front and center on the table. Print up a menu for a dinner party or place the birthday invitations on dinner plates.
The guest of honor will notice all the details you put into planning and will be thankful you cared enough to hone in on these intimate details for the event. Creating an elegant party atmosphere isn’t difficult it just takes planning.
Right now Basic Invite is offering 15% off with coupon code: 15FF51
*I partnered with Basic Invite to bring you this sponsored post, but all opinions are my own*
Follow along on Instagram stories HERE for daily updates and happenings at Happy Haute Home. Coming to the blog this month “Reveal of My Daughter’s Pink Marble Bathroom”! The “One Room Challenge” also starts in October so get subscribed so you won’t miss any details!
Please Subscribe to Happy Haute Home
For more posts about decor and home improvement, please subscribe to Happy Haute Home and follow along on Pinterest HERE, and Twitter HERE and feel free to pin and tweet your favorite pics from Happy Haute Home.