The One Room Challenge™, is a widely anticipated biannual event every April and October. Each round, twenty design bloggers take the challenge and transform a space. Every Wednesday, the designers document their process while sharing their sources and professional advice over the six weekly posts. This challenge is hosted by Linda at Calling it Home.
Happy Haute Home is joining this Spring as a Guest Participant for a six week renovation of our master bathroom. We will post our weekly progress during the renovation and update you with photos.
The pictures below are of our master bathroom, in dire need of an update. The shower is nice and large but provides no space for towels and has shiny yellow hardware. Both shower heads are leaking and the shower door is malfunctioning and full of mold.
This is my husband’s vanity with plastic countertops and builder grade overhead lights and mirror.
The tub takes up an enormous amount of space, is outdated and has little privacy with only half a row of shutters. The doors to the left and right are his and her water closets.
This is my vanity. I like the separate make up area but not the plastic countertops. I do love my own private water closet, but not the shutters and outdated hardware and floor tiles.
The shower tiles and grout need to be updated and storage added for shampoo.
Remodeling Plan – Wish list
- Replace all tiles inside the shower
- Add tiles to the outside of the shower wall
- Add a rain-head shower system
- Change existing shower heads
- Add shower nook
- Replace glass door with stainless steel rims and increase height of doors
- Add a stone floor to the shower
- Paint cabinets
- Add granite countertops
- Add backsplash to the counter wall
- Add a framed mirror to the space above the vanities
- Replace faucets
- Water Closets (2)
- Replace both toilets
- Add shutters to windows
- Replace vanity lighting
- Add Pendant over bathtub
- Replace all tiles on bathroom floor
- Paint the entire bathroom
- Replace vanity hardware – knobs
- Add 2 square towel bars near vanities
- Add 2 towel bar to outside of shower stall
- Replace built-in tub with free standing tub
- Add a free standing bathtub faucet
- Add nooks to the side of the drywall surrounding the bathtub
- Add plantation shutters to window above bathtub
Total budget is $35,000
This is my inspiration for the project, I love the greens, grays, whites, browns, and silver colors in this backsplash and am going to coordinate the bathroom around this tile.
Wow, looks like a tall order. Wish us luck! Check back next week for progress!